Library News »01/06/2014
Primo search system up and running in UI Libraries
The UI Library has launched Primo, a new search system that strengthens the library’s ability to serve the research needs of University of Idaho students and faculty. Primo, which replaces WorldCat Local and Voyager, makes available more than 8.8 million titles and 26 million resources. The change affects all UI Libraries.
Primo offers a number of new benefits to UI Library users.
- Single sign-on for library accounts and off-campus access using university NetID and password
- Improved discovery experience for the UI Library print and electronic resources
- Seamless discovery and requesting of the combined print resources of 36 other Northwest academic libraries, including University of Washington, Washington State University, and University of Oregon
- Faster and more efficient processing of library materials which will get those materials on the shelves and available online faster
- Customization of search results to better meet the needs of the University of Idaho community
If you have questions about using the new system, see the Primo FAQ page on the UI Library website. Further questions or concerns can be directed to Ben Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org), head of the library’s Cataloging and Collections department.