Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Agricultural Engineering Laboratory , 1909-1998 (Demolished 1998 for Idaho Commons)


Cost: $80,857

Location: 46.727089, -117.011889 | NW corner University Avenue and Line Street
Description: Brick, with basement and two floors, 15,330 square feet
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: Renovated in 1950-1951. Became Art and Architecture Annex in 1986 upon completion of new Agricultural Engineering Building; demolished 1998 for Idaho Commons
Use History: Originally constructed as heating plant; When new heating plant was constructed in 1927 it became maintenance shop; in 1949 maintenance shops were moved and the building was renovated for Agricultural Engineering Laboratory in 1950 and 1951
Name History: Agricultural Engineering Laboratory 1951-1986; Art and Architecture Annex 1986-1998
Cost Notes: $12,000 for shell; $68,857 for 1952 interior construction
Sources: Cards, UG 44, Morton, UG 12 Bx 80 File 2276

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.