Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Art Building , 1911-1965 (Torn down in 1965 and replaced by Art and Architecture North)


Location: 46.726415, -117.01234 | West side of quadrangle (SW corner of Line and University Ave.)
Description: Wood frame, one story, 60' x 80' with cinder floor
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: Renovated in 1945
Use History: Formerly known as Lewis Court, built as annex to the Women's Gym (then Men's gym) and used for winter military drill and recreation. Was men's dormitory during 1937-1938. Became Art and Architecture building in 1938
Name History: Lewis Court; Art Building
Cost Notes: Built by private subscription
Sources: Cards, UG 44

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.