Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Art and Architecture Building , 1906-


Cost: $138,168

Location: 46.727408, -117.011371 | Pine near University Ave.
Description: Wood frame with red pressed brick veneer walls, three stories, gable roof with cedar shingles. 84' x 96'. Originally built as a large scale concentrator
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: Renovated and completely remodelled by adding three floors to the center of the building in 1949-1950; Elevator tower added 1998
Use History: Originally a metallurgical laboratory used for student work and metallurgical research. Became Mines building in 1950. Ca. 1961 became Psychology Building housing classrooms, offices and laboratories. Art & Architecture ca. 2001
Name History: Metallurgical Building; Mines Building; Psychology Building; Art and Architecture
Cost Notes: $16,000 originally; $122,168 for renovation (state appropriation)
Sources: Cards, UG 44, Morton, UG 12 (2315)

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.