Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Forestry Laboratory , 1935-1972 (Torn down 1972)

Architect:Constructed by UI Department of Buildings and Grounds

Cost: $5,247

Location: 46.729516,-117.009971 | Line Street
Description: One story wood frame and concrete, cedar lap siding, cedar shingles, gable roof, 98' x 30'
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Use History: Moved from S.E. corner of Sixth and Line Streets to Urquhart Street; to Line St. north of 6th (1950), to make room for Engineering Building. Combined with Pea Weevil Research Laboratory building. Later Industrial Arts, then Graduate Art Studio
Name History: Forestry Laboratory, Industrial Arts Building following 1952 fire, Graduate Art Studio (GAS House), 1970-1972
Sources: Cards, maps

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.