Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Student Health , 1936-

Architect:Whitehouse & Price (Spokane); Construction by Colonial Construction of Spokane; Architects for addition were Wayland & Cline (Boise) General Contractor: Dunham Brothers

Cost: $131,329

Location: 46.727215, -117.009355 | University Ave. and Ash Street 832 Ash St
Description: Reinforced concrete with brick veneer, three stories plus finished basement. College Gothic style, with stone trim and shingle tile roof. Outside walls are of terra cotta tile and brick, trimmed with Indiana limestone. 194' x 54'
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: A $385,000 addition, with alterations to the existing structure which doubled the space in the infirmary was begin in 1958
Use History: University hospital with 68 beds, and student health center; WAMI offices.
Name History: Infirmary, Student Health Center
Cost Notes: $131,329 (Bond issue, PWA grant)
Sources: Cards, UG 44, Morton

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.