X


Collections A-Z

logo
logo
The University of Idaho Library's

Campus

Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

West Sixth and North Main Villages , 1956-1959 (Condemned and closed in fall of 1958 due to fire risks; Torn down fall 1959)

Architect:Unknown

Location: 46.73004,-117.015075; 46.737835,-117.002125 | Sixth St. west of Line; North Main & D Street
Description: War surplus barracks style units moved in from Portland containing 156 apartments.
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: 74 cinder block buildings added November & December 1956.
Use History: Housing for veterans and married students
Sources: Argonaut


Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.