click image for more info

Looking northeast at the south part of Moscow late 1890s or before 1903. Moscow.
1900
(1) Russell School, 2- McConnell Mansion, 3- High school, 4- Christian Church, 5- Presbyterian Church, 6- Methodist Church, 7- Courthouse, 8- McGregor residence, 9- O.R. & N. [Oregon Railroad and Navigation] roundhouse, 10- Depots, 11- McGregor House (Gritman Hospital), 12- South Main Street, 13- Sweet Avenue, 14- Location of University of Idaho Forestry Nursery 1978.

click image for more info

Looking east from the ridge between Lauder and Taylor avenues. Moscow.
1950
At this time Lauder Avenue had been opened and houses were being built on the north side. Picture taken in 1950.

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow from Ridge Road in the early 1900s.
1902
(1) Fence in foreground now Lauder Avenue (2) South Main Street. Wording on photo: No. 23 Birds Eye View Moscow Idaho

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow from Ridge Road. Moscow.
1978-01-22
January 22, 1978. (1) Lauder Avenue, (2) South Main Street at top of hill.

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow. Moscow.
1904
From south Main Street hill at the junction of today's Taylor Avenue. Picture taken in 1904.

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow. Moscow.
1974
From south Main Street hill at the junction of Taylor Avenue. Picture 1974 by Clifford M. Ott.

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow. Moscow.
1904
From top of south Main Street hill. Note absence of electric power lines along road sides. Picture taken 1904.

click image for more info

Williamson's having a carload sale of mattresses on the street south of Davids' Department Store. Moscow.
1908
Williamson's having a carload sale of mattresses on the street south of Davids' Department Store. Moscow.

click image for more info

South area of Moscow 1897. Moscow. [Photo of drawing?]
1897
27- Shields lumber mill, 28- O.R. & N. [Oregon Railroad and Navigation] depot, 29- N.P. [Northern Pacific Railroad] depot, 30- Shields electric light plant, 31- McGregor House (Gritman Hospital), 32- O.R. & N. [Oregon Railroad and Navigation] roundhouse, turn table, water tank, and windmill, 33- Paradise Creek, from a drawing by Augustus Koch.

click image for more info

South area of Moscow 1907. Moscow.
1907
1- Tomers Butte, 2- Moscow Cemetery, 3- Skattaboe farm, 4- O.R. & N. [Oregon Railroad and Navigation] roundhouse, turn table, water tank, and windmill, 5- South Main Street, 6- N.P. [Northern Pacific Railroad] water tank, 7- N.P. [Northern Pacific Railroad] turn table, 8- Paradise Creek, picture by Sterner, a Moscow photographer.

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow. Moscow.
1905
From top of south Main Street hill. Note the electric transmission lines on the left side of the road. This line carried 22,000 volts and was brought in from Lewiston, late 1904 or early 1905. Picture 1905. See smoke from the Shields electric light plant on south Jackson Street.

click image for more info

Looking east at south Moscow early 1900s. Moscow.
1902
From Morrill Hall. Idaho Avenue in right foreground. Tomers Butte upper right.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Moscow, 1903-1906. Moscow.
1904-06-01
West end of Taylor Avenue in the valley below. John King residence in left foreground. Picture from John Talbott, 513 Taylor Avenue.

click image for more info

[First post office]. Moscow
1872
[First post office]. Moscow

click image for more info

Post office and federal building. Moscow.
1911-07-01
Located northeast corner of Third and Washington streets. Built May 1910 - July 1911. Vacated 1974.

click image for more info

Postmasters. Moscow.
1965
[list of postmasters]

click image for more info

Inside Moscow, Idaho post office, 1894. Moscow.
1894
Left to right: Harry Hay, May Calkins, Ed Barton, Col. R.H. Barton and Maude Barton. Col. Barton was twice postmaster, 1892-94 and 1898-1905.

click image for more info

[Moscow.] Moscow. [Photocopy of textual document]

[Text regarding establishment of post office underlined.]

click image for more info

Marble marker. Moscow.

Was mounted on the wall of the first floor hallway [of Courthouse]. When the Courthouse was razed it [the plaque] was presented to the Latah County Pioneer Association.

click image for more info

First set of officers, Latah County, 1888. Moscow.
1888
Back row, left to right: W.W. Langdon, Commissioner. J.W. Lieuallen, Superintendent. W.B. Kyle, Recorder. Roland Hodgins, Probate Judge. Front row, [left to right:] W.M. Frazier, Commissioner. J.N. Naylor, Commissioner. R.H. Barton, Sheriff. C.B. Reynolds, Treasurer.

click image for more info

Latah County officials, 1893. Moscow.
1893
Left to right: 1-, 2-, 3- David Fairburn, Assessor. 4- Ed Barton. 5- [?] Ives. 6- B.F. Cone, Auditor. 7- George N. Hinckly, D. Auditor. 8- A.N. Roberts, Commissioner, American Ridge. 9- William Kincaid, Commissioner, Palouse. 10- E.T. Platt, Commissioner, Genesee. 11- W.M. Morgan, Deputy Sheriff. 12- Pat Doahue, Deputy Sheriff. 13- J.L. Naylor, Sheriff. 14- George Vinnegarholtz, Off. Deputy Sheriff. 15- H.R. Smith, Probate Judge.

click image for more info

Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1892
Located about the center of the block between Fifth and Sixth streets and Adams and Van Buren streets. Erected in 1888-1889, razed in 1958.

click image for more info

Inside Latah County Courthouse, 1915. Moscow.
1915
Left to right: Arnold Lyons, Commissioner. A.B. McIntire, Commissioner. Homer Estes, Clerk. John L. Woody, Commissioner.

click image for more info

Inside Latah County Courthouse, 1913. Moscow.
1913
Left to right: Homer Estes, [?], [?], Leroy Brooks, Harry Thatcher.

click image for more info

Officials and employees of Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1930
Back row, left to right: Harvey J. Smith, John L. Woody, Homer E. Estes, Charlie Summerfield, E.J. Gemmill, John Nesbit, John Cone. Second row, [left to right:] Elmer M. Paulson, Emma Junge Sayles, Glen Grice, Lillian M. Skattaboe, Gillis D. Hodge, Edna M. Theriault, George K. Moody, Harry A. Thatcher. Front row, [left to right:] Bessie Walters Babcock, Daniel W. Burr, Adrian Nelson, Ione Adair, Columbus Clark, Hattie Matheney, Juanita Dix, Hazel Seeley

click image for more info

[Women employees, Latah County.] Moscow.
1930
On the steps. Back row, left to right: 1- Mrs. Edna Theriault, 2- Miss Ellen Peterson, 3- Miss Lula Stalker, 4- Miss Margaret Walker, 5- Mrs. Leola R. King. Front row, [left to right:] 1- Miss Amy Malstrom, 2- Miss Rose Rawson, 3- Mrs. Bessie Babcock. Picture taken about 1930.

click image for more info

Officials and employees of Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1921
Back row, left to right: Judge Adrian Nelson, Columbus Clark, Charles Summerfield, Homer Estes, Clinton Wilson, E.J. Gemmill, Louis G. Peterson, Elmer M. Paulsen. Middle row, [left to right]: John Cone, Harry Thatcher, Lillian Skattaboe, Edna Theriault. Front row,[left to right:] John Canham, Ione Adair, Juanita (Frazier) Dix, Edith Sparks, Bessie (Walters) Babcock, Hannah Sundell. (1921)

click image for more info

Officials and employees of Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1930
On the steps. Back row, left to right: 1- Ralph Smith, 2- Rudolph E. Nordby, 3- Judge Gillis Hodge, 4- Walter Q. Taylor, 5- Louis G. Peterson, 6- Harry A. Thatcher. Second row, [left to right;] 1- Mrs. Edna Theriault, 2- Miss Ellen Peterson, 3- Miss Amy Malstrom, 4- Miss Lula Stalker, 5- Mrs. Leola R. King, 6- George C. Hoidal. Seated, [left to right:] 1- Harvey H. Hoagland, 2- Mrs. Bessie Babcock, 3- Miss Rose Rawson, 4- Miss Margaret Walker, 5- James Blane. About 1930

click image for more info

[Latah County Agricultural Fair Association]. Moscow.
1888
[photo of stock certificate]

click image for more info

Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1950
As it looked in 1950. Picture by the Idahonian.

click image for more info

Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1958
Latah County's first Courthouse built in 1888-89 and razed in 1958. Picture from the Idahonian.

click image for more info

Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1978-01-22
At the northeast corner of Sixth and Adams streets. Built in 1958 with the last addition in 1975. Picture by Clifford M. Ott January 22, 1978.

click image for more info

Latah County Courthouse. Moscow.
1910
From a post card taken about 1910.

click image for more info

[Williamson Store]. Moscow.
1910
Growth and Progress - were annually chronicled on the side wall of Williams [sic] store in the early 1900s. This store believed strongly in civic promotions, doing much to advance the cause of agricultural fairs, horse shows, cattle and other livestock showings and sales during this period. The value of good publicity was endorsed and the company did much, outside of business interests, to achieve the notice and attention of this area. [Photo of newspaper item?]

click image for more info

One of Williamson's Fall Fairs. Moscow.
1908
Showing the crowd gathered on Main and Fifth streets. Sometime before 1910 when he [Williamson] moved to the McConnell-Maguire building at the southeast corner of First and Main streets.

click image for more info

East side of Main Street. Moscow.
1918
South of Sixth Street showing Section B soldiers in training marching north in 1918. 1 & 1A- O.E. Bell agriculture implements, 2- McElroy plumbing, 3- O.C. Carssow groceries, Etc., 4- J.J. Anthony machine shop, 5- Across Seventh Street, Gritman [Memorial] Hospital.

click image for more info

Inside the Albright Garage, 1915. 611 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1915
One of Moscow's first. Raleigh Albright at left, Dr. Gritman's car in far corner. Located at 611 South Main Street.

click image for more info

Front of the O.C. Carssow grocery store. 616 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1900
Mrs. Belle (Estes) Carssow and one of her children seated on the bench. 616 South Main Street.

click image for more info

[Building at 616 South Main Street]. 616 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1905
After Mr. Carssow's death the store was sold to Mulfinger. The building at the right was where the Carssow family lived when they operated the grocery store. Located about the middle of the block between Sixth and Seventh streets on the east side of Main Street.

click image for more info

Moscow Steam Laundry. 613 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1904
Employees in the early 1900s. C.B. Green was the owner manager.

click image for more info

Inside the Moscow Steam Laundry. 613 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1892
Showing the ironing room and the employees. Looking towards the back end of the room. 1890s.

click image for more info

Inside the Moscow Steam Laundry. 613 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1892
Showing the ironing room and the employees. Looking towards the front of the room. 1890s.

click image for more info

Moscow Steam Laundry building. 613 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1905
Crew and delivery wagon on the west side of the street at 613 South Main Street.

click image for more info

Total Textile Rental Services. Moscow.
1981-10-30
An addition to the Moscow Steam Laundry extending south to the corner of Seventh and Main streets built in 1981. Owned by Terry Burton. Picture by Clifford M. Ott October 30, 1981.

click image for more info

Moscow Steam Laundry. 613 South Main St. Moscow Idaho
1980
At 623 South Main Street. Owned by Terry Burton. About 1980.

click image for more info

West side of Main Street between Seventh and Sixth streets. Moscow.
1981-10-30
Showing Total Textile Rental Services, Billard Den and the Moscow Fire Department buildings. See picture number 4 [90-3-004] taken in 1898 showing same area. Picture by Clifford M. Ott October 30, 1981.

click image for more info

Centennial Health Center. Moscow.
1987-10-27
Doctor's office. October 27, 1987

click image for more info

Looking southwest at the corner of Sixth and Main streets, April 10, 1911. Moscow.
1911
Moscow Band in foreground. Welcome parade for Teddy Roosevelt.

click image for more info

Moscow Cream Station. Moscow.
1908
On the west side of Main Street. George W. Walters, father of Bessie (Walters) Babcock, is seated in the buggy at the right after unloading cream. Picture taken in 1908.

click image for more info

Building at right on the southeast corner of Sixth and Main streets was built by O.E. Bell in 1925 as a service station and garage occupying the same area as the Bell Implement Store. Moscow.
1940
Building at right on the southeast corner of Sixth and Main streets was built by O.E. Bell in 1925 as a service station and garage occupying the same area as the Bell Implement Store. Moscow.