[Sawmill and copper mine]. Troy.
Photo of map section.
Northern Pacific [Railroad] train wreck.
Below Troy, August 2, 1911.
On Axel Olson farm near Nora, 1918. Swedish Mission Church in background of picture.
[O.K. Olson sawmill].
Photo of map section.
O.K. Olson sawmill.
On Bear Creek, east of Troy, 1890.
Looking northwest at Troy. Troy.
In 1907. The school may be seen at top center of picture.
Looking south at Main Street. Troy.
In 1928. This shows the west side business district of Troy.
In the Nora area. Picture from Clara Hoidal.
East of Troy, Dry Creek area ?, 1890. See oxen at right. See [90-4-184].
Located four miles east of Troy in the 1890s.
And crew about 1905.
Road grader. Juliaetta.
Pulled by six horses grading the streets of Juliaetta in the early 1900s.
The Northern Pacific [Railroad] passenger train wreck near Arrow Junction in 1936.
Loaded tramway car.
Nearly to the bottom of the canyon wall. 1912.
The town was founded by Thomas Kirby, the first postmaster, in 1889, who named it Latah. In May, 1900, an arrangement was made that the Northern Pacific would build to the town, and on a guarantee that that road would be built there by Jan, 1, 1891, Thomas Kirby gave the railroad a deed to one-half of the town site of 240 acres. The town was then named Kendrick, in honor of the chief engineer of the Northern Pacific. May 8, the town was platted, and Oct. 15, 1890, the same year it was incorporated. The first train arrived Feb. 4, 1891. Aug. 16 1893 came the first big fire wiping out 31 business structures and caused a loss of about $100,000. Again Aug. 4, 1904 fire destroyed 43 business structures and 19 private homes. Not one business structure was left standing. Kendrick had two floods, the first Dec 15, 1899 caused by a train wreck and the big flood of Jan. 12, 1900.
First Kendrick building. Kendrick.
Photo caption wording: "First Kendrick Building. Pictured above is the first building constructed in what is now the town of Kendrick. It was the homestead cabin of John Nichols, the only habitation found there when Northern Pacific Railroad surveyors arrived in 1891 to prepare for the construction of the railroad over which today more than 1,000 carloads of produce annually leave the community. There is a movement in Kendrick to refurbish the Nichols home and establish a museum therein. (Photo by Maribel Schupfer.)".
Looking west at Kendrick, Idaho. Kendrick.
Picture from the Idaho history published in 1899.
January 12, 1900. (Caption is from The Tribune 1900. See photo.)
Looking west at Main Street. [Kendrick].
After the flood of January 12, 1900.