click image for more info

Hose Cart Company No. 1. Moscow, Idaho
1886
Moscow Fire Department

click image for more info

George [Gottfried] Weber. Moscow, Idaho
1886
Mr. and Mrs. George Weber wedding picture. Picture taken shortly before Mr. Weber's death. Heading on newspaper clipping: ""Moscow Pioneer Funeral is Set"" [Clipping and two photos are affixed to the sheet.]

click image for more info

G. [Gottfried] Weber, manufacturer and dealer in harness, saddles, and saddlery goods. Moscow, Idaho
1892
[advertisement?]

click image for more info

Directory of the live business men of Idaho Territory
1888-04-19
Thursday, April 19, 1888; Saturday, January 4, 1890

click image for more info

Sam's Furniture Store. Moscow.
1908
Formerly White's Drug Store, northeast corner of First and Main streets; next Elks Temple and Hotel Idaho. Across A Street may be seen the Corner Club.

click image for more info

Playgrounds at the Latah County Fair Grounds. Moscow, Idaho
1940
Playgrounds at the Latah County Fair Grounds, north of Sixth Street and west of the railroads. Looking southwest. Fair buildings at right in picture, from Idahonian. 1940s.

click image for more info

Moscow Fire Department Practice Tower. Moscow, Idaho
1940
Moscow Fire Department practice tower, located in the Latah County Fair Grounds. Looking southwest. Picture from Idahonian in the 1940s.

click image for more info

Latah County Fair Grounds. Moscow, Idaho
1911
Entrance to Latah County Fair Grounds located north of Sixth Street and west of the railroad tracks. Picture about 1911.

click image for more info

Grand Stand. Moscow, Idaho
1911-07-04
Martin photo. Partial view Grandstand Moscow, Idaho July 4, 1911.

click image for more info

Looking northeast across the old Fair Grounds. Moscow, Idaho
1938
Looking northeast across the old Fair Grounds about 1938 at school children playing soft ball. Horseshoe courts beyond. Large white building is the Washburn-Wilson Seed Company warehouse, which burned July 7, 1945.

click image for more info

Idaho National Harvester. Moscow, Idaho
1977
Idaho National Harvester Company buildings built in 1911 west of Main Street between D and E streets near the Spokane & Inland Electric railroad tracks. D Street in foreground and office at right. Now site of Rosauer's, Drug Fair, and Yellow Front. From Main Street west to paved parking area as of 1977.

click image for more info

Running play, Idaho - Washington State College Game, October 17, 1913
1913-10-17
Running play, Idaho - Washington State College Game, October 17, 1913

click image for more info

Looking southeast across town before 1897. Moscow, Idaho
1897
Nos. 1 and 2 houses were moved to Almon Street in 1907 to clear the block for the arrival of the Spokane & Inland Electric Railroad.

click image for more info

Looking southeast across town in 1907. Moscow, Idaho
1907
Nos. 1 and 2 houses are to be seen in their new location on Almon Street. No. 3 shows the block north of A Street between Jackson and Almon streets cleared for the arrival of the Spokane & Inland Electric Railroad.

click image for more info

Looking north at Main and First streets, 1885. Moscow, Idaho
1885
First building on right, Justice of the Peace; next, W.J. McConnell department store, southeast corner Main and First streets; White's Drug Store, northeast corner of Main and First streets; Exchange Bank, Commercial Hotel, and Fries Brewery, northeast corner of Main and A streets.

click image for more info

[Northeast corner First and Main streets. Moscow]
1932
[Building that housed Psychiana.]

click image for more info

Kickoff, Idaho - Washington State College Game, October 17, 1913
1913-10-17
Kickoff, Idaho - Washington State College Game, October 17, 1913

click image for more info

Hodgin's Drug Store. June 23, 1902. Moscow, Idaho
1902-06-23
Located at the northeast corner of First and Main streets in the brick building replacing the original small wooden building. Roland Hodgins is the man behind the counter at the left. See picture number 21 book #2 for brick building.

click image for more info

Looking north on Main Street from Eighth Street. Moscow, Idaho
1900-07-04
First brick building on right, McGregor House later Gritman Hospital, corner Main and Seventh streets. July 4, 1900.

click image for more info

Looking south of Main Street from Fifth Street. 1913-14. Moscow, Idaho
1913
Standard Garage now Kenworthy movie house. 1968.

click image for more info

Looking north on Main Street from Fifth Street 1892. Moscow, Idaho
1892
Looking north on Main Street from Fifth Street 1892. Moscow, Idaho

click image for more info

Looking north on Main Street at corner of Fifth Street. 1913-14. Moscow, Idaho
1968
Standard Garage now Kenworthy movie house. 1968.

click image for more info

Looking east on Eighth Street at corner of Main and Eighth streets. 1913-14. Moscow, Idaho
1968
Hotel Latah at left now site of Smith Brothers service station. [19]68.

click image for more info

Looking north on Main Sreet from the area of the railroad crossings. 1913-14
1913
Looking north on Main Sreet from the area of the railroad crossings. 1913-14

click image for more info

Looking southwest at the corner of Sixth and Main streets, April 10, 1911. Moscow, Idaho
1911-04-11
Williamson's Boston Store float in foreground. Welcome parade for Teddy Roosevelt. See pictures of him making speech at the U. of I.

click image for more info

Neely and Sons Garage. Moscow, Idaho
1925
Neely and Sons Garage on east side of Main Street south of Fifth Street. Built about 1909 as the Crystal Theater, then Standard Garage (Buick dealership), Neely and Sons, and taken over about 1925 by Kenworthy Theater. Still same 1976.

click image for more info

Dahmen Insurance. Moscow.
1975
Located in the left section, and two offices in the right section. Right section and north wall of the left section are the original walls of the White Drug Store. Picture taken 1975 looking northeast at corner of First and Main streets.

click image for more info

Old Guard. Moscow, Idaho
1914
Old Guard [Grand Army of the Republic?] facing south on Main Street between Fourth and Fifth streets in 1914.

click image for more info

Old Guard. Moscow, Idaho
1914
Old Guard [Grand Army of the Republic?] in front of No. 3 Crystal Theater at 508 South Main Street. No. 1, first high school; no. 2, drive-in stable between Fourth and Fifth streets on east side of Washington Street. Pacific Coast Elevator Company, dealers in grain, occupied the room at left in the Crystal Theater building. Picture 1914.

click image for more info

Moscow Fire Department, Hose Cart Co. No. 1. July 4, 1909. Moscow, Idaho
1909-07-04
From front to back, John Stillinger, Chief; Joe Morthorst, Assistant Chief; Raymond Kelley, George Bradley, Lee Bradley, Ed Thompson, Harry Staples, John Weber, W.G. Barge, Warren Roseboom, E.A. Lennis, George Savage, James Canham, David Sherey, Albert Morgan, George Carter, Perry Carter, Christianson, Frank Roseboom, John A. Moore, Nina (Carter) Weldon on hose cart.Looking north and west from corner of Main and Seventh streets. Large wooden building in the background was the Mark P. Miller Flour Mill, with a concrete block flat house extending to the west. Early 1900s.

click image for more info

Hose cart. Moscow, Idaho
1909-07-04
Hose cart similar to Moscow Fire Department's Hose Cart No. 1.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho
1905-07-04
No. 4, Moscow, Idaho, on the Fourth of July, 1905. Looking north from south of Fifth Street, Merton Waterman. R.R. Sherfey.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho
1905
No. 2, Moscow, Idaho from University of Idaho campus. 1905. Merton Waterman. R.R. Sherfey.

click image for more info

Looking north from south of Fourth Street. Moscow, Idaho
1912
Looking north from south of Fourth street at Christmas three at Third and Main streets. Before 1912 pavement. [From] Jeanette Talbott.

click image for more info

Looking north at Moscow. Moscow, Idaho
1912-08-11
Looking north at Moscow from east end of [indecipherable] Street. From a postcard dated August 11, 1912. [From] Jeanette Talbott.

click image for more info

Moscow Fire Department's firemen and trucks. Moscow, Idaho
1927
Moscow Fire Department's firemen and trucks facing east on Third Street in front of post office. About 1927.

click image for more info

Looking southwest at the corner of Sixth and Main streets. April 10, 1911. Moscow, Idaho
1911-10-04
Moscow Hose Cart Company in foreground. Welcome parade for Teddy Roosevelt.

click image for more info

Inside of Wolf Grocery Store in the White Drug Store Building. Moscow.
1889
Roland Hodgins started in this location but moved to 307 South Main Street where [store] is still located in 1976. Left: George Wolf; right, William Carter.

click image for more info

Looking north and east at corner of Main and Fifth streets. Moscow, Idaho
1900
Harness shop northeast corner of Main and Fifth streets. Pacific Coast & Elevator, southeast corner Main and Fifth streets. Moscow Hose Cart Co. in foreground. Early 1900s.

click image for more info

Looking north and east at corner of Main and Fifth streets. Moscow, Idaho
1911-07-04
Williamson's Store, northeast corner of Main and Fifth streets. Crystal Theater now Kenworthy movie house, 1968. Moscow Hose Cart Co. No. 4 July 4, 1911.

click image for more info

Crystal Theatre. Moscow, Idaho
1910-06-20
[Newspaper clippings with information about the Crystal Theatre]

click image for more info

Looking southwest at the corner of Sixth and Main streets. April 10, 1911. Moscow, Idaho
1911-10-04
Moscow Band in the foreground. Welcome parade for Teddy Roosevelt.

click image for more info

Arrival of W.S.C. [Washington State College] Football Team and Rooters at the U.P. [Union Pacific] Depot October 19, 1911. Photo by Burns. Moscow, Idaho
1911-10-19
Arrival of W.S.C. [Washington State College] Football Team and Rooters at the U.P. [Union Pacific] Depot October 19, 1911. Photo by Burns. Moscow, Idaho

click image for more info

W.S.C. Band and Rooters marching thru Moscow
1911-10-19
W.S.C. Band and Rooters marching thru Moscow

click image for more info

Neely and Sons Garage. Moscow, Idaho
1967
Neely and Sons Garage to be razed for city parking lot. Located on the south side of Fourth Street between the alley and Jackson Street.

click image for more info

Neely and Sons Garage. Moscow, Idaho
1967
[Newspaper clipping: Building Razed - Malcolm [(Mac)] Neely (right) is pictured near the front of his Neely and Son auto dealership building on Fourth Street. With him is A.O. Fonkalsrud, a store owner here in Moscow, who has stored his car in the Neely building since its construction in 1928 to the present. The building is being torn down to make way for larger parking space in the downtown area.]

click image for more info

Neely and Sons Garage. Moscow, Idaho
1967
Neely and Sons cross town bus, (Moscow's first) parked on the south side of Fourth Street east of Jackson [Street]. Moody Granite Works may be seen in the background on Jackson [Street].

click image for more info

Neely and Sons. Moscow, Idaho
1967
[Newspaper clipping: Old-Time Firm Ends]

click image for more info

Looking south from First Street at Main Street in the late 1890s or early 1900s. Moscow.
1900
See 4 and 5 in picture at right [90-0031].

click image for more info

The Northwest Fireman, 1938 - featuring the Moscow Fire Department
1938
[Original not numbered.] Duplication of cover and page from The Northwest Fireman with photo of Moscow Fire Department Station and story about the department.