X


Collections A-Z

logo
logo
The University of Idaho Library's

Campus

Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Building by List | Click Here to display buildings by image

Scroll down to browse the Buildings.

Administration Building (New)

1907-
Center of main quadrangle facing east 851 Campus Drive



Administration Building (Old)

1891-1906
On site of present administration building, facing N.E. instead of due east



Agricultural Engineering Building (JW Martin)

1982-
6th street and Perimeter Drive



Agricultural Engineering Laboratory

1909-1998
NW corner University Avenue and Line Street



Agricultural Science Building

1950-
Rayburn Avenue between Idaho Avenue and Sixth Street 606 Rayburn St





Albertson Building

2002-
West side of Administration building 875 Campus Drive



Aquaculture Institute and Poultry Hill Warehouse

Date Unknown
799 Poultry Hill Way



Armory (Old)

1896-1903
About 100' behind the old Administration Building



Art and Architecture Building

1906-
Pine near University Ave.



Art and Architecture East

2000-
College Avenue 327 College Ave



Art and Architecture Interior Design

1942-
Idaho Ave. and Pine Street



Art and Architecture North

1965-
S.W. corner University Avenue and Line Street 951 University Ave



Art and Architecture South

1904-
Line Street, N.W. of Administration Building. 951 Campus Dr



Art Building

1911-1965
West side of quadrangle (SW corner of Line and University Ave.)



Bartley Cottage

1921-1952
SW of Ridenbaugh Hall on Nez Perce west of Center Cottage



Blake House

1952-
Blake Street



Bookstore

1988-
Deakin Avenue across from SUB 706/704 Deakin Ave



Brink and Phinney Halls

1936-
Line Street and Idaho Avenue 801 & 701 S. Line St



Buchanan Engineering Laboratory

1967-
6th Street 607 Urquhart Ave



Campus Christian Center

Date Unknown
822 Elm Street



Campus Club (1938-1958)

1938-1958
Sixth Street



Campus Landmarks


NE corner of Railroad and Sweet



Campus Landscapes


Moscow. Idaho



Cedar Hall

1920-1957
SE corner of Ash and Idaho Ave.



Center Cottage

1921-1952
SW corner of Blake and Nez Perce



Commons

2000-
Idaho Avenue & Line Street 875 S. Line St



Craig Cottage

1930-1951
Sixth Street between Urquhart and Line; in 1942 it was moved to a position east of Entomology Building (Line & 7th St.) to make room for Kirtley #1.



Crest Cottage

1922-195?
Idaho and Ash



Dairy Science Building

1918-1998
SW corner of Line Street and Idaho Avenue



Dan O'Brien Track and Field Complex

197?-
West of Kibbie Dome



Day Care Center

1975-
Deakin Street (South Hill housing complex)



Drama Annex

1947-
Pine Street and University Ave.



Education Building

1967-
West of Administration Building 921 Campus Dr



Elmwood Apartments

2000-
7th Street & Blake 627 Elm St



Engineering Building (Old)

1901-1951
South side of quadrangle



Engineering and Physics Building

1993-
7th street, N.E. of McClure Hall 691 Ash St.



Farm House

1955-
Southwest corner of Blake Avenue and Nez Perce, south of Ridenbaugh Hall (on the site of Center Cottage) 1101 Blake Ave



Field House

1948-1974
SW end of McLean Field



Food Science Building

1941-
NE corner Idaho Ave and Line Street 860 W. Idaho Ave



Forestry Laboratory

1935-1972
Line Street



Forney Hall

1923-
Blake Ave. 1210 Blake Ave (Continuing Ed. Bldg.)



GAS (Graduate Art Studio) House

1918-
South of Home Economics Building 670 Nez Perce Drive



Gault-Upham Halls

1954-2003
North side of west Sixth Street between Line and Rayburn, site of the West Sixth



Gauss-Johnson Engineering Building and Laboratory

1941-
Sixth and Line Streets 620 S. Line St



Geology Building

1906-1984
S.E. corner Idaho Avenue and Pine Street



Gibb Hall (Life Sciences North)

1984-
Idaho Ave, between Pine and Ash streets 820 Pine St



Golf Course and Clubhouse

1969-
University golf course



Greenhouse (First)

1896-1920
East of the old Administration Building near Blake Ave.



Greenhouses (1908- )

1908-
Idaho Avenue 1104 W. 6th St



Gymnasium Annex

1947-1962
Rayburn Street and Idaho Ave.



Hartung Theater

1972-
Stadium Drive 625 Stadium Dr.



Hays Hall

1926-
Blake Avenue 1212 Blake Ave



Heating Plant

1927-
Sixth and Line Streets



Hello Walk and Steps

1910-
From the Main entrance of the Admin to the SW corner of University and Blake



Home Heating Research Unit

Date Unknown
West 7th Street



Home Management House (Old)

1920-1966
Ash Street between Idaho and University



Human Resources and Procurement Services

1990-
6th Street 415 W. 6th St



I Tank (New)

1952-
Arboretum Hill



I Tower

1916-
Originally on Arboretum Hill, moved to College of Agriculture Farm (NW of campus) in



Idaho Club

1935-1958
Sixth and Line Streets



Industrial Arts Building (Old)

1935-1952
To the rear and S.E. of Engineering Building (what would now be the south side of Nez



Industrial and Technical Education Building

1968-
Sweet Ave. & Railroad St. 404 Sweet Ave



Infirmary (Old)

1920-1966
Originally on University on current site of Life Science South, later moved to Ash Street next to Crest Cottage.



Janssen Engineering Building

1949-
Line and W. 7th St. 840 W. 7th St.



Jenkins Cottage

1920-1928
West of Lewis Court



Kibbie Dome

1971-
Perimeter Drive and Rayburn Street 1000 Stadium Dr.



LDS Institute

Date Unknown
902 Deakin Avenue



Larch Hall

1947-1950
Line Street (between Sweet Hall and Navy Building)



Law Building

1972-
Rayburn Street 711 Rayburn St



Library

1957-
University Ave. (across from Memorial Gym) 850 Rayburn St



Life Sciences (South)

1923-
University Avenue, between Ash and Pine Streets 770 University Ave



Lindley Hall

1920-1973
Ash and Idaho Ave.



Lindley Hall Annex

1920-1952
Originally on site of present infirmary, later on south side of Idaho Ave, between Elm and Ash Streets



Lionel Hampton Music Building

1950-
Blake and Sweet Avenue 1010 Blake Avenue



Liszt Hall

1897-1952
Eastern slope of campus, 75 yards east of present Administration Building



Living Learning Community

2003-
Corner Line Street and Sixth 901 Paradise Creek St



MacLean Field

1889-1966
Site of current Education Building and Women's Physical Education Building



McClure Hall

1992-
7th Street 810 W. 7th St



McConnell Hall

1957-
N.E. corner Sixth and Rayburn 1020 W. 6th St



Memorial Gymnasium

1927-
University Ave. 1001 University Ave



Mines Building (New)

1960-
7th Street east of Line 825 W. 7th St





Morrill Hall

1906-
Idaho Ave, N. end of Pine Street 820 Idaho Avenue



Music Hall Annex

1925-1952
Nez Perce west of Bartley Cottage



Native American and Immigrant Education Center

1935-
Line and 7th St. 403 Farm Road?



Natural Resources Building

1970-
Sixth Street at Line Street



Navy Quonset

194?-1971
Beside Naval Classroom Building, NW corner



Navy/ROTC Building

1942-2011
Line Street 685 S. Line St



Neale Stadium

1936-1969
West end of campus (Current Kibbie Dome area)



Niccolls Home Economics Building

1951-
South of quadrangle, (on site of old Engineering Building) west of Ridenbaugh Hall 751 Campus Dr.



North Campus Center (Idaho Inn)

1992-
645 West Pullman Road



Park Village (original)

1947-1957
Line and Third Streets



Park Village Apartments (Second)

1957-2002
Third and Home streets



Parking Office and Information Center (Former)

1965-
Line and Third Street 880 W 3rd St



Pea Weevil Research Laboratory

1947-?
Originally east of Forestry Laboratory on Urquhart. Moved in 1950 to Sixth Street to make room for Engineering Building



Physical Education Building (PEB)

1969-
South of Memorial Gym and Swim Center



Pine Hall

1947-1956
Warehouse Drive (west of Line, and South of Third)



Pine Hall Cafeteria

1947-2000?
Line Street



President's House

1966-
1026 Nez Perce



President's Residence (Old)

1921-1955
514 East First Street



Radio-Isotopes Laboratory

1936-1955
Line Street between 3rd and 6th Streets



Radio-TV Center

1946-
SW of Administration Building



Renfrew Building

1962-
Rayburn Street



Ridenbaugh Hall

1901-
South side of quadrangle, corner of Blake and Nez Perce



SATC Mess Hall

1918-?
NW corner of Administration Building auditorium wing



Safety Office

1965-
6th Street west of Greenhouses 1240 W. 6th St



Shoup Hall

1958-
N.W. corner 6th Street and Rayburn Streets



Small Animals Laboratory

1953-1998
Idaho Avenue, adjacent to University Classroom Center



South Hill Homes (original)

1947-1970
Deakin and Taylor Avenues



South Hill Terrace Apartments

1970-
Blake and Taylor Streets



South Hill Vista

1992-
South side of Sweet Ave.



St. Augustine's Catholic Center

1966-
Deakin and Sixth St.



Steel House

Date Unknown
Steel House, originally at Blake House, moved to the Phi Kappa Tau fraternity house from 1009-12. Then to the former Delta Chi house where it currently resides. They are presently looking for a remodeled, permanant location.



Storage Buildings

1910-?
West Sixth Street near Line



Student Health

1936-
University Ave. and Ash Street 832 Ash St



Student Recreation Center

2002-
Line Street



Student Union Building

1936-
Deakin Street



Student Union Building Annex

1924-?
7th and Elm streets



Swimming Center

1970-
South of Memorial Gym



Targhee Hall

1958-
NW corner of Blake and Taylor streets



Teaching and Learning Center

2003-
966 University Avenue



Temporary Classroom Building 1

1946-1966
NW of Administration Building



Temporary Classroom Building 2

1947-1966
West of Administration Building



Temporary Classroom Building 4

1947-1954
SW of Engineering Testing Laboratory



Theophilus Tower

1967-
Paradise Creek Street



Transportation Center

2013-
NE corner of Railroad and Sweet



Triangle Club

1937-?
Ash Street



UI Advancement Building

1964-
Nez Perce Street



University Classroom Center

1964-2003
University Ave across mall from Library



University Farms

1889-
46.730455,-117.031571



University Garages

Date Unknown
NE of heating plant; West of Buildings and Grounds Center



University Hut (U-Hut)

1918-2000
University Avenue and Line Street



Veterinary Science

1949-1955
S.W. Sixth and Rayburn Streets



Wallace Complex

1963-
NE corner 6th Street and Greenhouse



West Sixth and North Main Villages

1956-1959
Sixth St. west of Line; North Main & D Street



Women's Center

1935-2000
Line Street and Idaho Avenue



Wood Conversion Laboratory

1932-1949
Line and 7th Street