University of Idaho faculty, staff, and students use the Vandal Card as their library card to:
- Access library databases from anywhere in the world
- Borrow books, DVDs and other library materials
- View library account information
- Use Interlibrary Loan
Getting a Library Card
If you have a University of Idaho Vandal ID card, you need to register your cardís 14-digit barcode with the library. Register in person at the Library's Circulation Desk, or call 208-885-6559.
Once your barcode is registered, you will be able to access databases like JSTOR, Web of Science and Academic Search Premier from off campus using your barcode number to verify your status.
For distance education and Independent Study students, and off campus faculty and staff:
- If you don't have a Vandal ID card, you should apply for a Library ID number by filling out this online form. Please allow 24 hours (Monday through Friday) for the process to be completed.
Guest Library Cards
Guest privileges are available to:
- Idaho residents with photo ID (residents under 18 years old must have parent or guardian willing to establish a parent/child account)
- WSU faculty, staff, and students with WSU ID
- Members of WIN, who may use their home library's card
Guests may borrow books, DVDs and other library materials. If you are not actively affiliated with the university, you will not have remote access to most electronic resources or to some library-specific services.