University of Idaho faculty, staff, and students use the Vandal Card as their library card and their University of Idaho username and password to:
- Access library databases from anywhere in the world
- Borrow books, DVDs and other library materials
- View library account information
- Use Interlibrary Loan
Getting a Library Card
If you have a University of Idaho Vandal ID card, you will be able to access databases like JSTOR, Web of Science and Academic Search Premier from off campus using your University of Idaho username and password.
For distance education and Independent Study students, and off campus faculty and staff:
- For Interlibrary Loan Requests, a library barcode number is still needed. If you do not have a Vandal Card, please call 208-885-6843 or email email@example.com to receive a barcode number.
Guest Library Cards
Guest privileges are available to:
- Idaho residents with photo ID (residents under 18 years old must have parent or guardian willing to establish a parent/child account)
- WSU faculty, staff, and students with WSU ID
- Summit Library members, who may use their home library's card
Guests may borrow books, DVDs and other library materials. If you are not actively affiliated with the university, you will not have remote access to most electronic resources or to some library-specific services.