- PubChem — provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It includes substance information, compound structures, and bioactivity data in three primary databases, PCSubstance, PCCompound, and PCBioAssay, respectively.
- Computer Science
- Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis (CAIDA) — provides tools and analyses promoting the engineering and maintenance of a robust, scalable global Internet infrastructure.
- Earth & Environmental Science
- National Center for Atmospheric Research — Scientific datasets of historical value are curated and catalogued at the Mass Storage System
- GEON — Portal for sharing, publishing, and integrating data.
- National Oceanographic Data Center — NODC is an organization made up of the Oceanographic Data Center, National Coastal Data Development Center, World Data Center for Oceanography, and the NOAA Central Library, integrated to provide access to the world's most comprehensive sources of marine environmental data and information.
- National Snow and Ice Data Center — NSIDC archives cryospheric data. NSIDC acknowledges all data providers in documentation, metadata (Directory Interchange Format (DIF)), and references, and is also willing to hold or restrict data distribution until providers publish.
- Life Sciences
- Dryad — Dryad is an international repository of data underlying peer-reviewed articles in the basic and applied biosciences.
- GenBank — GenBank is the NIH genetic sequence database, an annotated collection of all publicly available DNA sequences.
- Protein Data Bank — An Information portal to biological macromolecular structures
- UniProt — Submit a new protein sequence to UniProtKB using SPIN, a web-based tool for submitting directly sequenced protein sequences to the Universal Protein Resource (for new nucleotide submissions, use EMBL's WEBIN instead).
- Space Science
- National Space Science Data Center — NSSDC accepts data from: active archives in the space sciences funded through the Science Missions Directorate, missions in that same directorate, and individual scientists (mission or instrument principal investigators).
- Political Science, Sociology & General Social Sciences
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) - The world's largest archive of digital social science data. ICPSR staff can guide you in preparing your data for archiving and distribution. See their Guide to Social Science Data Preparation and Archiving and their page on Depositing Data.
Cultural Policy and the Arts National Data Archive — the world's first interactive digital archive of policy-relevant data on the arts and cultural policy in the United States. It is a collaborative effort of Princeton University's Firestone Library and the Princeton Center for Arts and Cultural Policy Studies, with support from the Pew Charitable Trusts.