Manuscript Group 244
The records of the Honolulu Mining Company are part of the records of Day Mines, Inc., donated to the University of Idaho by Henry Day in 1984 and 1985. Initial processing of this manuscript group was done by Judith Nielsen in June 1987. Processing was completed by Michael Tarabulski in June 1991. Funds for processing were provided by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, the U.S. Department of Education HEA Title II-C "Strengthening Research Library Resources" program, the Library Associates of the University of Idaho and other donors.
The Honolulu Mining Company, J.W. Tabor, president, was incorporated on April 4, 1906, with a capitalization of 1,000,000 shares, par value $1.00. The property consisted of 4 unpatented claims, 60 acres, adjacent to the Hercules Mine, in the Lelande Mining District. Prior to 1923 it had two tunnels totalling 1400 feet. It was one of several mining companies over which the Hercules acquired control in 1924. For several years it was actively prospected along a 2400 foot crosscut from the Hercules No. 4 tunnel. Then, in 1929, the Honolulu was one of a group of mines combined to form the Ambergris Consolidated Mining Company.
This collection consists of one item, a stock ledger. It covers the years 1906 to 1924. The volume is boxed with the records of the Guelph Mining & Milling Company.
Related materials can be found in the records of the Ambergris Mining Company.