Dry Coulee Siphon (Construction of pipelines, syphons and tunnels) Item Info
- Dry Coulee Siphon (Construction of pipelines, syphons and tunnels)
- Foss, H.E.
- Date Created:
- Columbia Basin Project, Irrigation Division, West Canal, Specifications 1286, Utah Construction Co. and Winston Bros. Co., Contractor. Looking east along the west canal showing Dry Coulee Siphon No. 2 in the foreground, the section of 12-foot bottom lined canal, Dry Coulee Siphon No. 1 and another portion of the lined canal in the background. A portion of the warped open outlet transition is shown in the immediate foreground is a 40-degree curve. Also shown in the foreground is the reinforcing steel for the uncompleted portion of the siphon barrel and the siphon form in place over a completed standard 25-foot section of the siphon barrel. The forms for the closed inlet transition are under construction. The contractor's shops and offices are on the right of the canal section. H.E. Foss, photographer.
- canals (Washington state) construction of pipelines, syphons and tunnels
- Washington (State) Grant County Grand Coulee Dam
- University of Idaho Library Digital Initiatives, http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/digital/
- Army Corps of Engineers Dam Construction photographs, 1933-1965, PG 94, University of Idaho Library Special Collections and Archives
- Finding Aid:
- Source Identifier:
- Preferred Citation:
- "Dry Coulee Siphon (Construction of pipelines, syphons and tunnels)", Columbia River Basin Project: Dam Construction in the Pacific Northwest, University of Idaho Library Digital Collections, https://www.lib.uidaho.edu/digital/crbp/items/crbp1050.html
- In copyright, educational use permitted. Educational use includes non-commercial reproduction of text and images in materials for teaching and research purposes. For other contexts beyond fair use, including digital reproduction, please contact the University of Idaho Library Special Collections and Archives Department at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). The University of Idaho Library is not liable for any violations of the law by users.
- Standardized Rights: