Impact on Library Services
This page will be updated when any changes to our operations or services occur.
Hours and Availability
The Library building is closed until further notice, but we continue to offer extensive online services.
All Reference Services are virtual only. However, to help with this transition, reference hours have been expanded.
Virtual Reference Hours (online):
- Monday - Thursday: 8am - 8pm
- Friday: 8am - 5pm
- Sunday: 2pm - 8pm
Visit the Reference Services page to ask librarians questions via chat, text, or email. You can also make a research appointment for individualized help via Zoom, tailored to finding relevant resources for your specific information need.
All tutoring sessions normally held in the library are now being offered remotely via Zoom. Please check the services’ web pages for more information:
- Tutoring & College Success is offering drop-in Online Tutoring sessions.
- Writing Center provides online consultations and feedback on drafts.
- Statistics Assistance Center is offering drop-in Virtual SAC Tutoring.
Collections and Services (Closures)
The Gary Strong Curriculum Center will be closed to the public with services available online only.
Special Collections & Archives and its Reading Room are closed to the public.
- Many of the unique materials held by Special Collections & Archives are discoverable via our digital collections. The rest of our holdings can be searched via Archives West or the Special Collections website.
- For assistance, please contact our Special Collections staff via email (email@example.com).
- Reproduction requests for items not already digitized will be extremely limited due to staff availability. Permissions to use Special Collections materials will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The Interlibrary Loan office is currently closed to the public, but services are available during normal operating hours online via email. Resource sharing is currently limited to electronic delivery due to library closures across the country.
Our regional resource sharing consortium, the Orbis Cascade Alliance, has suspended all Summit borrowing effective March 20th. We will be processing remaining requests and will be communicating updates as we learn more from our consortium.
Due to library closures and limitations across the country, we are currently unable to process printed material. However, patrons can still request digital articles and/or book chapters. Please be advised standard delivery estimates are not in effect and there are likely to be delays in fulfillment. For help, please contact the ILL office.
Fines and Fees
The library will be waiving fines for UI or Summit materials accrued after March 9th, so don’t worry if you left for spring break with a bunch of books! Please note this doesn’t apply to lost or damaged books.
Have a book from ILL that will be overdue? Please contact the ILL office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 885-6843 so we can help you extend your due date.