Impact on Library Services
This page will be updated when any changes to our operations or services occur.
Hours and Availability
The Library is currently open online only, with the building closed until further notice. We continue to offer extensive online services, including our reference desk and research help with extended hours.
All Reference Services are virtual only. However, to help with this transition, reference hours have been expanded.
Virtual Reference Summer Hours (online):
- Monday - Friday: 1pm - 4pm
Visit the Reference Services page to ask librarians questions via chat, text, or email. You can also make an appointment for individualized research help via Zoom, tailored to finding relevant resources for your specific information need. Visit the Research Assistance page to request a meeting.
All tutoring sessions normally held in the library are now being offered remotely via Zoom. Please check the services’ web pages for more information:
- Tutoring & College Success is offering drop-in Online Tutoring sessions.
- Writing Center provides online consultations and feedback on drafts.
- Statistics Assistance Center is offering drop-in Virtual SAC Tutoring.
Collections and Services (Closures)
The Gary Strong Curriculum Center will be closed to the public with services available online only.
Special Collections & Archives and its Reading Room are closed to the public.
- Many of the unique materials held by Special Collections & Archives are discoverable via our digital collections. The rest of our holdings can be searched via Archives West or the Special Collections website.
- For assistance, please contact our Special Collections staff via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reproduction requests for items not already digitized will be extremely limited due to staff availability. Permissions to use Special Collections materials will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The Interlibrary Loan office is currently closed to the public, but services are available during normal operating hours online via email. Resource sharing is currently limited to electronic delivery due to library closures across the country.
Our regional resource sharing consortium, the Orbis Cascade Alliance, has suspended all Summit borrowing effective March 20th. We will be processing remaining requests and will be communicating updates as we learn more from our consortium.
Due to library closures and limitations across the country, we are currently unable to process printed material. However, patrons can still request digital articles and/or book chapters. Please be advised standard delivery estimates are not in effect and there are likely to be delays in fulfillment. For help, please contact the ILL office.
The library will be waiving fines for U of I or Summit materials accrued after March 9th, so don’t worry if you still have your library books! Please note this doesn’t apply to lost or damaged books, which will still generate fines.
The library has also extended due dates to June 1 for all materials currently checked out. While the library’s exterior book drops are currently available for returning materials, staff are not in the building to process returns, so you are welcome to hold on to checked-out items for the time being.
Have a book from ILL that will be overdue? Please contact the ILL office at email@example.com so we can help you extend your due date.
If you have additional questions about any library materials that you have checked out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.