The library subscribes to several streaming video platforms for the classroom and personal use of our patrons. The library also holds an extensive collection of DVDs available for lending.
Similar to other library licensed content, streaming videos can only be accessed on campus or by logging in with your U of I account. Platforms include:
- Academic Video Online (AVON) - featuring more than 70,000 titles Academic Video Online includes a wide variety of material and subject areas with curricular relevance: documentaries, interviews, feature films, performances, news programs and newsreels, demonstrations, and raw footage.
- Kanopy - the library purchases one year licenses to films on demand from the Kanopy catalog. Using our mediated purchasing model, patrons will need to submit a request to the library in order to access new Kanopy videos. Requests can be submitted via the Kanopy website. When planning to use a Kanopy video during the semester, please check the expiration dates listed in the Library catalog record to ensure uninterrupted access.
- Swank Digital Campus - Swank offers streaming of feature films and documentaries produced by major Hollywood and independent studios. A small selection of titles are licensed on request.
- Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall - the library has five concurrent users available to stream live and pre-recorded classical music concerts to any device. Users must register while connected to ON CAMPUS internet to create an account. Once activated, the account may be used off-campus.
- Safari: O’Reilly’s Learning Platform - In addition to ebooks, Safari has a wide selection of videos and online courses for learning about tech topics. First-time users must enter a U of I email address to set up an account with Safari, after which they can log into the platform directly.
If you have any questions or encounter issues, please contact a librarian. For requests to view a streaming video from another provider or licensing questions, please email Samantha Thompson-Franklin at email@example.com.