Geographic Information Systems resources for students, faculty, and staff.
Esri GIS Software
- The University of Idaho participates in the Education Institution License Program with Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. (Esri). Many products are available for teaching, research, and administrative uses; others are available only for teaching and research. Commercial use of the software is not a permitted use under the License. Visit the Software page for more information.
Open Source GIS Software
- There are numerous desktop GIS software programs such as QGIS. There are also many web-based options such as Mapbox and Carto. Take a look at the OSGeo projects to help you find an open source technology to meet your needs. Visit the Software page for more open-source options.
For more information on GIS software options, visit the Software page
Short, standards-based inquiry activities for teaching map-based content.
- Library Workshops: Current | Past
Esri Self-Paced E-Learning Courses
Students, faculty, and staff are afforded access to no-cost self-paced e-learning resources. Sign in using your U of I Account.
- Working with GIS data
- Esri User Conference Complimentary Registrations
A limited number of these are available on a first come, first served basis. Contact Bruce Godfrey for more information.
Open data & apps from publishers across Idaho.
U of I Geocatalog
Data & apps from U of I publishers. Sign in to access licensed datasets.
Northwest Knowledge Network Data Repository
Providing data management support and applications for U of I researchers and their collaborators.
- Contact Bruce Godfrey about sharing your geospatial datasets using Web GIS
Library Workshops: Current | Past
Please contact Bruce (GIS Librarian) if you have questions about GIS.