Purchase Request Form
All members of the University of Idaho community are encouraged to suggest additions to our collections, such as books, ebooks, DVDs, or journals. The Library will honor requests as budgets permit and as the material is available, following the guidelines below.
To request a book or resource to add to our collections, please click the button link below to access our survey form (requires U of I login):
General Criteria for Purchase Requests
- Priority is given to materials which support the research and teaching programs of the university.
- Requests should be submitted at least 30 days before the time needed to allow for shipping and/or processing time. Out-of-print items and items ordered as pre-publications may take longer. If you need an item soon, consider submitting a Summit or interlibrary-loan request to borrow a copy from another library.
- Up to 10 item requests can be purchased for each individual patron per academic year.
- Library staff will follow-up with you if we are unable to fulfill your request.
One-Time Purchase Requests (Books, Ebooks, DVDs, etc.)
- The appropriate subject specialist will review your request.
- Requests will be considered if they can be found at a reasonable cost.
- Indicate in the form if you would like the item held for you once it arrives. If we are able to purchase your request, you’ll receive an email once it is ready.
On-going Subscription Requests (Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, Databases, etc.)
- Requests may take several months to a year for a decision to be made, due to budget processes and negotiations with vendors.
- Librarians try to balance the needs of all university departments, colleges, and programs when making decisions about on-going subscriptions.