- Special Collections & Archives
- Description of CollectionsDescriptions
- Manuscript GroupsManuscripts
- Photograph GroupsPhotographs
- University ArchivesUI Archives
- Search All
- Forestry CollectionsForestry
- Mining CollectionsMining
- Wilderness ArchiveWilderness
- International Jazz CollectionsIJC
Special Collections & Archives
The Special Collections and Archives department specializes in the acquisition, preservation, and use of research materials that document the cultural and environmental history of Idaho, and the University of Idaho. Our physical collections are available to be used throughout the year via our Reading Room. Many of our collections can also be viewed online, via the library's Digital Collections.
The new Special Collections and Archives Reading Room is in Room 121 on the library's first floor.
Fall Semester hours
(August 21st - December 15th)
Monday - Friday: 10 AM to 2 PM
or by appointment.
Fall/Winter Break Hours:
Monday - Friday 10 am to 2pm
Nov. 23-24, Dec. 22 - Jan. 1, 2018
This collection consists of historical photographs of the University of Idaho and many activities within the state of Idaho.