About Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives is a department within the University of Idaho Library that specializes in the acquisition, preservation, and accessibility of archival research materials that document the history and culture of Idaho and the University of Idaho. We have over 25,000 linear feet of rare, unique, and valuable materials. Our collections include, but are not limited to:
- Personal papers of individuals and families
- Business records (lumber, railroad, mining, etc.)
- Idaho state publications
- Papers of government officials, educators, authors, artists, etc.
- Organizational and association records (religious, fraternal, civic, environmental, non-profit, etc.)
- Book collections on local, historical, and literary topics
Learn more about the strengths and focus of our holdings on the Description of Collections page. You can view our physical materials by visiting our Reading Room. Many items have been digitized and can be discovered in the U of I Library Digital Collections and the Idaho Harvester, and finding aids can be searched on Archives West.
We’re available 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday to answer inquiries via email, phone, or in-person.
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2350
Moscow, ID 83844-2350
|Burns, Ariana||Archives Coordinatoremail@example.com
|Szobody, Sara||Digital Archivistfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Kersting-Lark, Dulce||Head, Special Collections and Archivesemail@example.com
|Perret, Robert||University Archivistfirstname.lastname@example.org