Library Updates & News
The University of Idaho Library building is currently open to all patrons.
Masks are required for everyone when indoors on campus.
Fall 2021 Opening Guide
The University of Idaho Library is committed to serving the research and learning needs of our campus community while also minimizing the risk of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) for U of I students, staff, faculty, and library personnel. This guide provides important information about changes to library access and services to help keep our community healthy.
For the most up-to-date information about the University’s response, please visit U of I Coronavirus page.
Building Access and Hours
- The library is open to all patrons: U of I students, faculty, and staff, as well as community patrons.
- Please check our hours for the most up-to-date opening times.
Mask Wearing and Social Distancing
- Masks are required at all times when inside the library and inside all University of Idaho buildings. All visitors are required to adhere to the campus mask policies at all times. Visitors who do not follow the policy may be asked to leave the library.
- While furniture has been moved back into normal orientations, social distancing is still recommended.
- Pay attention to and follow instructions on signs and directional markers when using shared spaces like entry doors, hallways, elevators, and bathrooms.
Sanitation and Disinfection
- Please disinfect study spaces, including computer lab workstations, before and after use. Look for the Sanitation Stations throughout each floor for cleaning materials (spray bottles and paper towel).
- Hand sanitizer is accessible in multiple public locations throughout each floor of the building (look for spray bottles).
- The library building will be cleaned each night by a cleaning crew from Facilities.
Study Rooms, Classrooms, and Events
- Group study rooms are open, but masks are required while in use due to limited ventilation in the rooms.
- The Studio and CDIL are open by appointment.
- Meetings, classes, workshops and events may still be happening in person, but situations may change quickly, so be sure to check the U of I Library website regularly for updates.
- The Map Room is currently open from 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Due to expected renovations within the Map Room, the room is subject to close without notice. To request help accessing maps, please contact email@example.com.
Borrowing and Fines
- Regular borrowing, lending periods, and fines have resumed for locally-owned items.
- Curbside delivery is available for all patrons.
- Summit and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) borrowing and lending has resumed. Please keep in mind that delivery may be delayed due to lending library closures, materials quarantine, or shipping issues.
- We will continue to be flexible with fines. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with upcoming or accrued library fines.