- Special Collections & Archives
- Plan Your Visit
- Description of CollectionsDescriptions
- Manuscript GroupsManuscripts
- Photograph GroupsPhotographs
- University ArchivesUI Archives
- Search All
- Forestry CollectionsForestry
- Mining CollectionsMining
- Wilderness ArchiveWilderness
- International Jazz CollectionsIJC
Check out our Tumblr for notes, exhibits, etc.
Plan Your Visit to Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library Special Collections and Archives welcomes all University people as well as independent researchers. Please note, no items in Special Collections circulate and so you will only be able to use the materials in the Reading Room.
Three Steps to Take before Arriving
Upon arrival to the Reading Room, you will be asked to fill out a Collection Request Form, acknowledging that all researchers understand and will abide by protocols for using Special Collections and Archives materials. You may also fill the reqest form out in advance and bring it with you, or email it to us before you visit.
Professors: if you would like to schedule a class introductory session to Special Collections, please contact the Head of the Department Erin Stoddart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-5813.