Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Life Sciences (South) , 1923-

Architect:Rudolph Weaver, UI architect 1923-25

Cost: $395,327

Location: 46.732459,-117.011803 | University Avenue, between Ash and Pine Streets 770 University Ave
Description: Tudor Gothic, reinforced concrete faced with red brick, roofed with slate. Center section 120' long, east and west wings 69' and 100' respectively, 64,057 sq. ft. Three stories and basement.
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: Life Sciences North added in 1986
Use History: Dedicated 1924. Bacteriology/Biochemistry/Biology teaching and research labs; faculty and grad office.
Name History: Science Hall, Life Sciences, Life Sciences South
Cost Notes: $395,327 (state appropriation)
Sources: Cards, Morton, UG 44

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.