Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Lindley Hall , 1920-1973 (Condemned in 1971, Demolished in 1973)


Cost: $82,000

Location: 46.727733,-117.008453 | Ash and Idaho Ave.
Description: Three story, brick, gabled roof with wood shingles
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: Top floor added in 1922
Use History: Men's dormitory
Name History: Named for Ernest Hiram Lindley, President of the University 1917-1920. Name changed to Pine Hall in 1963, then Vandal Hall from 1969-1973
Cost Notes: $82,000 (bonds)
Sources: Cards, maps, Argonaut

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.