X


Collections A-Z

logo
logo
The University of Idaho Library's

Campus

Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

McConnell Hall , 1957-

Architect:Anton Dropping, ALA

Location: 46.729886, -117.014614 | N.E. corner Sixth and Rayburn 1020 W. 6th St
Description: 2-story concrete block
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Use History: Single student dormitory for 110 male students, also used as a guest residence, in 1988 became women's quiet dorm
Name History: Originally named McConnell Hall after William McConnell, university founder, third governor of the state and recipient of first UI honorary degree. In 1984 it was renamed Willis Sweet Hall after Willis Sweet, university founder and Regent, 1889-93
Sources: Morton, UG 12 (2279), Argonaut, Facilities Architecture Drawing Archives


Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.