UI Campus Collection

Lindley Hall, 1920-1973

(Condemned in 1971, Demolished in 1973)

Cost: $82,000

more info

Lindley Hall

PG1, 62-3

Location: 46.727733,-117.008453 | Ash and Idaho Ave.
Description: Three story, brick, gabled roof with wood shingles
Additions: Top floor added in 1922
Use History: Men's dormitory
Name History: Named for Ernest Hiram Lindley, President of the University 1917-1920. Name changed to Pine Hall in 1963, then Vandal Hall from 1969-1973
Cost Notes: $82,000 (bonds)
Sources: Cards, maps, Argonaut