click image for more info

Looking north at Main Street. Moscow.
1940
Showing Sixth Street in the foreground. This picture and the one above taken by Charles Diamond of Hodgins. in the early 1940s.

click image for more info

McGregor House. Moscow.
1892
[Hotel] at the southeast corner of Seventh and Main streets. Built in 1892 by Henry McGregor, one of the first brick buildings.

click image for more info

McGreggor House. Moscow.
1892
National Guards in front of the McGregor House at the time of the mining trouble in the Coeur d'Alenes 1892. Capt. J.H. McCallie was Moscow's first doctor of dentistry. Lt. Will Mix was a brother of Gainford (Gib) Mix. Picture taken in 1892.

click image for more info

McGregor House. Moscow.
1897
Purchased by Dr. Gritman and converted into a hospital known as the Gritman Hospital in 1897.

click image for more info

Gritman Memorial Hospital. Moscow.
1939
The first wing of the new Gritman Memorial Hospital built in 1938 and 1939. At this time the old Gritman Hospital shows at the left and was razed in 1940 to make room for the second wing.

click image for more info

Early Genesee. Genesee.
1888
Genesee, Latah County, Idaho Territory in the year 1888. Genesee is a garden spot. It is one of the best towns in the Palouse country. It is the largest town on the Spokane and Pacific Railroad. It has six merchandise stores, four hotels, two livery stables, three blacksmith shops, two barber shops, one drug store, two furniture stores, two hardware stores, one tin shop, one millinery, two real estate offices, one butcher shop, one newspaper, three grain warehouses, two breweries, and fine schools, churches, good store buildings and many fine residences. The print [90-4-001?] was given to the News by Mr. Henry Lorang and taken by his uncle, Mr. Thomas Lorang, who in 1890 was a traveling photographer. Main Street is slightly to the left of center in the picture, and shows the old Rosenstein Store and across the street is the old livery stable. The small dark building to the left of the darker building is the depot and the larger building is the old warehouse and grain storage place. The large two story white house on the right belonged to Matt Kambitch, who was in partnership with a man named Gieger who operated the brewery. Barely outlined in the center top of the picture is the old town of Genesee. The population of Genesee at this time was 500 inhabitants.

click image for more info

[Genesee Valley Fort]. Genesee.
1877
Wording on photo: ""Genesee Valley Fort built by homesteaders Nez Perce Indian War 1877-78""

click image for more info

Our Savior Church, 1900
1900
1889-1917. Located west part of Genesee.

click image for more info

Interior, Our Saviors Church. Genesee.
1900
Interior, Our Saviors Church. Genesee.

click image for more info

Blaine Church. Blaine School. [Blaine].
1896-06-26
June 26, 1896. Belle Estes, teacher

click image for more info

Students and teacher. Blaine School. [Blaine].
1896-06-26
June 26, 1896. Left to right: L.G. Peterson, Thomas Abrahamson, Carol Smith, Mrs. C.H. Kroesing, John Hagan, Mrs. Selma Johnson, Mrs. Louise Erickson, Mrs. J.H. Nordstrom. Seated, [left to right:] teacher, Mrs. Belle (Estes) Carssow. 12/11/1949

click image for more info

Blaine's first school. [Blaine]
1895
About 1895. Edgar Estes, the teacher, was a brother of Belle Estes who was teaching there, June 26, 1896. An addition had been added to the original school. See pictures [90-4-007 and 90-4-008]. The above picture [90-4-008a] copied from an 8 X 10"" picture with no identification except the teacher.

click image for more info

First United Church. Blaine.
1885
Built in 1885 and used as parish hall from 1917. Located at Blaine.

click image for more info

[Blaine Church]. [Blaine].
1915
[Blaine Church]. [Blaine].

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Blaine from the crossroads in 1915. Blaine.
1915
1- Church, 2- Parsonage, 3- School, 4- Andrew Frank residence.

click image for more info

Blaine Church. Blaine School. [Blaine].
1943
Blaine Church. Blaine School. [Blaine].

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Blaine early 1900s. Blaine.
1901
1- School, 2- Church, 3- Parsonage. Paradise Ridge beyond.

click image for more info

Looking west at the crossroads of Blaine early 1900s. Blaine.
1901
1- Blacksmith Shop, Andrew Frank residence, 3- School.

click image for more info

Blaine about 1912. Blaine.
1912
1- Church, 2- Parsonage, 3- School, 4- Andrew Frank, 5- Blaine Store, 6- Blacksmith shop, Andrew Mortensen farmstead.

click image for more info

Blaine Store. Blaine.
1912
About 1912. Living quarters upstairs. Located at the southwest corner of the crossroads.

click image for more info

Sawing wood in the Blaine area. [Blaine]
1955-03
March 1955. Ernest Thompson looking on at left.

click image for more info

Sawing wood at another location in the Blaine area. [Blaine]
1955
Showing the complete outfit.

click image for more info

Cordelia Lutheran Church.
1948
Built 1885. The first Lutheran church established in Idaho, one of the oldest still standing in the Northwest, and one of the smallest in the nation will be rededicated Memorial Day May 27, 1948. Restored this spring by Mrs. Frances (Olson) Graham of New York, a daughter of one of the area's early settlers upon whose farm the church stands on ground donated by Andrew S. Olson, December 2, 1885.

click image for more info

Cordelia Lutheran Church.
1975-06-01
Located about seven miles southeast of Moscow and northeast of Genesee. Picture taken June 1975.

click image for more info

Genesee Valley Lutheran Church.
1975
In valley south of Blaine. 1975.

click image for more info

Threshing outfit.
1914
With the Blaine valley in the background. Oscar Selland.

click image for more info

Genesee Valley Lutheran Church.
1914
Was organized in 1878 and the first church was built of logs in 1878. The above church [90-4-023] with its congregation was taken in 1914. Picture from Gordon Iverson.

click image for more info

Genesee Valley Lutheran Church, parsonage and second church.
1932
The Genesee Valley Lutheran Church, parsonage and second church built at right in picture, about the 1930s. From Gordon Iverson.

click image for more info

St. Joseph's School. Genesee.
1900
At the dedication of St. Joseph's School at Genesee in 1900. 1- School, 2- Parish house, 3- St. Mary's Church dedicated in 1890. Copied from a newspaper clipping. Caption: "In 1900 - At the dedication of St. Joseph's School of St. Mary's parish, Genesee, in 1900, the year the school building at left was completed. The parish house is shown between the school and St. Mary's Church, the latter dedicated in 1890."

click image for more info

Main Street. Genesee.
1912 1913
Looking east at Main Street Genesee in the winter of 1912-13. Copied from a postcard from Charles Bumgartner.

click image for more info

Christ Lange buildings. [Genesee].
1915-11-05
The barn at the left was built in 1891. At the left of the barn the small Genesee Valley Lutheran Church may be seen. Lange is the man in the dark coat. Back of picture dated November 5, 1915. Nov. 1890 the barn was moved (see following) [90-4-028].

click image for more info

Christ Lange house. [Genesee].
1915
Located just south of the above buildings [90-4-027]. Mrs. Lange on sidewalk. The house burned in the 1930s.

click image for more info

Christ Lange barn.
1980-11-13
Built in 1891 on the east side of the old Moscow-Genesee Highway just south of the Genesee Valley Lutheran Church being moved to its new location on Highway 95 about 6 miles north of Genesee. The present owner Leo Ernst gave the barn to Peter Heiser, a University of Idaho law professor who plans on converting it into a house. The barn was moved in November 1980. [Wording on photo: ""Idahonian Nov. 13, 1980""].

click image for more info

Parade going east on Main Street. Genesee.
1912
When they were having their horse show of 1912.

click image for more info

Looking west at Main Street. Genesee.
1920
About the 1920s. Wording on photo: ""No. 4 Main Street Genesee, Idaho.""

click image for more info

Parade going east on Main Street. Genesee.
1912
During the Genesee horse show of 1912.

click image for more info

Looking south at the flood waters covering the flat. [Genesee].
1910-03-01
The Northern Pacific [Railroad] depot ,center, pump station small building, right. Wording on photo: ""Mar. 1.1910.""

click image for more info

Looking west at the flood waters with Genesee beyond. [Genesee].
1948
Picture from Genesee Union elevator. 1948.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Genesee flood of March 1904. [Genesee].
1904
Picture copied from a postcard. Wording on photo: "" March Flood. 04. Genesee, Idaho. Printed for W.J. Herman, Publisher, Genesee, Idaho.""

click image for more info

Looking west at Main Street. Genesee.
1907-05-22
Electric power arrived 1905, postcard mailed May 22, 1907.

click image for more info

Genesee Farmers Union Members. [Genesee].
1920
Genesee Farmers Union Members. [Genesee].

click image for more info

South side of Main Street. Genesee.
1912
Showing model T Ford cars. Picture from Herb (Tiny) Mortinson album of 1912.

click image for more info

Business street. Genesee.
1904-04-29
April 29, 1904.

click image for more info

Looking east at Main Street. Genesee.
1912-06-14
1912. Looking east in the top picture also [90-4-038]. Wording on photo: ""At the stock show Genesee Ida June 14 1912"".

click image for more info

Business street. Genesee.
1904-04-29
April 29, 1904.

click image for more info

Pumping station. Genesee.
1905
Pumping station. Genesee.

click image for more info

Flour mill and sub station. Genesee.
1905
Flour mill and sub station. Genesee.

click image for more info

Flour mill and sub station. Genesee.
1905
Flour mill and sub station. Genesee.

click image for more info

Northern Pacific [Railroad] depot. Genesee.
1888
N.P. [Northern Pacific] Railroad arrived 1888.

click image for more info

Scharnhorst farm buildings.
1904
Located on Genesee-Uniontown road east side of Idaho-Washington state line. 1904.