click image for more info

Looking northwest at the Hagan & Cushing Meat Packing Plant. Moscow.
1930
Built 1911. Located on the north side of west Sixth Street. Razed about 1950. Built by C.A. Hagan and C.H. Cushing and C.B. Holt their father-in-law.

click image for more info

Looking northeast. at the Hagan & Cushing Meat Packing Plant. Moscow.
1930
Located on the north side of west Sixth Street about where Perimeter Drive crosses west Sixth Street on way to Moscow-Pullman highway.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at the Taylor & Lauder brick plant. Moscow.
1890
Located south of Sixth Street about where Ash Street is today. This is where the brick were manufactured for the first University of Idaho Administration Building and many of the buildings on Main Street.

click image for more info

Crew of Taylor & Lauder brick plant in the late 1880s or 1890s. Moscow.
1890
Left to right: Wiley Lauder with arms folded, 7th, Tom Taylor with tie, vest and watch chain, 10th man standing.

click image for more info

[Making of brick.] Moscow. (no image, copy of newspaper article?)
1939
Making of Brick Earliest Industrial Endeavor Here.

click image for more info

Clifford M. Ott up the pole at the corner in front of the Hotel Moscow. Moscow.
1911-07-04
Looking over the crowd to see what was taking place.

click image for more info

Looking northeast from the north end of Moore Street. Moscow.
1945
The east-west fence is now F Street west of Hayes Street. Some of the few homes at this time show on Orchard Avenue with the Moscow Mountains in the background. The foreground is mostly covered with new homes at this time, 1967. Picture taken in the 1940s.

click image for more info

Looking northeast from the north end of Moore Street showing F Street going west from the north end of Hayes Street. Moscow.
1976-06-25
Note growth of trees near the water tank. Picture taken June 25, 1976 by Clifford M. Ott.

click image for more info

Edd Kitt's potato cellar. Moscow.
1945
Located from the southwest corner of Moscow Cemetery across Highway 8 and the Northern Pacific Railroad on the east side of the county road. Picture taken in the early 1940s.

click image for more info

Above [90-0018] brick building remodld [sic]. Moscow.
1975
Today's Eagle Lodge, southwest corner of A and Main streets.

click image for more info

Fat mens' race. Moscow.
1911-07-04
July 4, 1911. (Photo by Burns) Several fat men and Casper Tylden in the dark vest and pants entered the race. Someone said put a rider on the big Swede he is not a fat man, however he weighed the minimum. The other fat men who started the race had dropped out when the picture was taken. Tylden was just gaining his speed at this point and won the race by quite a margin. His comment after the race was, ""If we had to have gone further I would have beat him badly."" No. 1 in picture is John Ott and no. 2 Clifford M. Ott, 14-years-old. Tylden was our neighbor.

click image for more info

Idaho National Harvester [manufacturing plant]. Moscow, Idaho
1915
Manufactured in Moscow, 1911 model. Looking east across the Spokane & Inland Electric Railroad. The road beyond is now Highway 95 but not black-topped at this time. No. 1 in picture is Gainford (Gub) Mix, no. 2 Franklin E. Mix (father) and no. 3 Franklin Jr. Mix driving the horses. 1915.

click image for more info

Mix homes. Moscow.
1910
Gub Mix home top, Frank Mix home at right. Mix barn extreme right. North-south highway at left and the Spokane & Inland Electric Railroad in foreground. Picture about 1910.

click image for more info

Elevated sidewalk. Moscow.
1902
On Orchard Avenue across valley north of Virginia Avenue in the early 1900s.

click image for more info

Old Sandpit. Moscow.
1977-07-13
The ""Old Sandpit: located at the east end of D Street and about one block west of Eisenhower Street. Picture taken at water level by Clifford M. Ott July 13, 1977.

click image for more info

Old Sandpit. Moscow.
1977-07-13
The ""Old Sandpit"" was caused by the excavation of sand found at this location and was used for concrete building foundations and sidewalks in the 1890' and early 1900s. By Clifford M. Ott July 13, 1977.

click image for more info

Looking northeast across the Old Sandpit. Moscow.
1977-07-13
Showing the new homes built in 1977 north of Eisenhower Street. Moscow Mountains in the background. Picture by Clifford M. Ott July 13, 1977.

click image for more info

Looking northeast across the Old Sandpit. 640 North Eisenhower Street, Moscow, Idaho
1977-07-13
At the Good Samaritan Village at 620 North Eisenhower Street, built in 1976. Clifford M. Ott July 13, 1977.

click image for more info

Looking west at the Old Sandpit. Moscow
1978-01-22
Now Hordemann Pond in Kiwanis Park. Clifford M. Ott, January 22, 1978.

click image for more info

East City Park, Kiddies Wading Pool. Moscow.
1958
Located north of Third Street and west of Hayes Street. Discontinued in the 1960s. Picture Idahonian.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at corner of First and Main streets in 1885. Moscow.
1885
First building on right, Justice of the Peace, next McConnell Store; across First Street, White's Drug Store, Exchange Bank, Commercial Hotel; across A Street, Frie's Brewery with the high front.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Good Samaritan Village. 640 North Eisenhower Street, Moscow, Idaho
1978-01-22
640 North Eisenhower Street. Picture by Clifford M. Ott, January 22, 1978.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Moscow Mountain from the east end of F Street and north end of Eisenhower Street, June 25, 1976. Moscow.
1976-06-25
By Clifford M. Ott

click image for more info

Looking west at the Old Sandpit. Moscow
1978-01-22
Now Hordemann Pond in Kiwanis Park. Picture by Clifford M. Ott, January 22, 1978.

click image for more info

Looking northeast at Moscow Mountain from F Street and Eisenhower Street. July 1980. Moscow.
1980-07
F Street continues east about three blocks and Eisenhower Street two blocks farther north. This area lies north of the Good Samaritan Village. Picture by Clifford M. Ott.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho
1890
The drawing shows the first brick buildings erected in Moscow, their original names, locations, and date started or finished. Other dates were from records or pioneer newspapers.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho
1890
Moscow Idaho. The names and dates of the first brick buildings built in Moscow was researched by Lillian (Woodworth) Otness in 1982 and [are] believed to be reasonably correct. Lillian is the granddaughter of Almon Asbury Lieuallen and daughter of Lillie (Lieuallen) Woodworth. William Neff homesteaded the north west 160 acres of Moscow in 1871 from Main Street west and Sixth Street north. In 1875 A.A. Lieuallen purchased the Neff property and put up a small store building at the southwest corner of First and Main streets. This was the location of the first post office in Moscow when [after] it was moved from [its original location named] Paradise Valley. Lieuallen built the large house still standing on Almon Street at the west end of First Street in 1884. Streets west of Jackson [Street] were named after the Lieuallen family: Almon, Asbury, Lilly [spelling of "Lillie" is correct] and Lieuallen.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho Territory. 1883
1883
Moscow, Idaho Territory. 1883

click image for more info

Bird's eye view of the city of Moscow Latah County. 1897
1897
Bird's eye view of the city of Moscow Latah County. 1897

click image for more info

Map of Idaho
1880
Pictures were copies from a Conklin's atlas of 1880. Moscow shows on the map but not Lewiston. Chief [Idaho] cities at that time were Boise (capitol), Florence, and Silver City.

click image for more info

Idaho
1880
Pictures were copies from a Conklin's atlas of 1880. Moscow shows on the map but not Lewiston. Chief [Idaho] cities at that time were Boise (capitol), Florence, and Silver City.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho Territory. 1883.
1883
Population about 250-300. Looking southeast across town. 1. Frie's Brewery, 1882, northeast corner of Main and A streets. 2. Commercial Hotel, southeast corner of Main and A streets. 3. William J. McConnell mansion, northeast corner of Adams and Second streets. 4. J.H. McCallie, doctor of dental surgery, next building south, White's Drug Store, northeast corner of Main and First streets. 5. First Baptist Church, 1876, Moscow's first church. southeast corner of Jackson and First streets. 6. Chinese gardener's home. 7. Tomer's Butte. 8. Paradise Ridge. 9. Main Street runs north and south.

click image for more info

Model Stables or Livery Stable.
1900
Built after 1897 and owned by Stewart Brothers. Located at southwest corner of A and Main streets.

click image for more info




click image for more info




click image for more info

Lily [Lillie] Lieuallen Woodworth
1971
[Lillie Lieuallen Woodworth]. Born February 12, 1874 at Moscow, died February 19, 1971.

click image for more info

Looking southeast across Moscow in 1883
1883
Looking southeast across Moscow in 1883

click image for more info

Looking southeast across Moscow in 1968
1968
Looking southeast across Moscow in 1968

click image for more info

Looking northeast across Moscow in 1896
1896
Looking northeast across Moscow in 1896

click image for more info

Looking northeast across Moscow in 1968
1968
Looking northeast across Moscow in 1968

click image for more info

Idaho versus W.S.C. [Washington State College] football game in 1905. 401-499 N Main St, Moscow, ID 83843
1905
Athletic field was located on the west side of Main between D and E streets. Looking northeast at the corner of Main and E streets.

click image for more info

Looking northeast across Moscow in late 1885 or early 1886
1885
No. 1, O.R.N. [Oregon Railroad & Navigation] depot, two blocks west of Main on Eighth Street. No. 2, South Main Street showing bridge across Paradise Creek. No. 3, two-room Russell School built in 1884. House in foreground now location of University of Idaho Forestry Nursery and buildings. 1968

click image for more info

McCallie's Dental Office and White Drug Store. Main & First ST., Moscow, ID
1883
Northeast corner of Main and First streets about 1883. White Drug Store, predecessor to Hodgins Drug Store.

click image for more info

White's Drug Store. Moscow.
1889
Northeast corner of First and Main streets, 1889. Later purchased by Roland Hodgins, Sr. Other occupants, Sam's Furniture and Robinson's Psychiana. Later building razed.

click image for more info

Idaho versus W.S.C. [Washington State College] baseball game in 1905. Moscow, Idaho
1905
Athletic field was located on the west side of Main between D and E streets. Looking southeast at the corner of Main and D streets.

click image for more info

Looking east at Main and Third streets. 1885. Moscow, Idaho
1885
George [Gottfried] Weber Harness Shop on northeast corner; Langdon Hardware & Stage office on southeast corner.

click image for more info

George [Gottfried] Weber Harness Shop. Moscow, Idaho
1885
Inside the George Weber Harness Shop at the northeast corner of Third and Main streets. George Weber at left in picture.

click image for more info

George [Gottfried] Weber Harness Shop. Moscow, Idaho
1885
Inside the George Weber Harness Shop. George Weber at right with mustache and wearing vest. Henry Ririe with full beard and wearing apron next to Weber was Carol Ririe's uncle (Willie in Snow in the River). Jacob Hoke at left with full beard and wearing vest. Hoke and family owned and operated the Latah Hotel at 719 South Main and the residence north.

click image for more info

Main Street. Moscow, Idaho [?]
1885
[originally not numbered and has no information]

click image for more info

George [Gottfried] Weber Harness Shop. Moscow, Idaho
1885
George Weber Harness Shop, believed to be his first store in Moscow established after his arrival in 1879. Location is not known. George Weber with cane at right in picture.