click image for more info

Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho
1895
Looking west at the Civilian Conservation Corps tent camp in 1933 located south of the South Palouse Creek Road and east of Highway 95. William Taylor barn may be seen in front of the tall poplar trees at right of picture. A mineral spring in pioneer days was located between the two willow reeds at left of Taylor barn. Picture from Jerry Kimes.

click image for more info

Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho
1934
Looking northeast at the Civilian Conservation Corps camp in 1934 located at the southeast corner of the junction of Highway 95 and South Palouse Creek Road about one mile south of Moscow. Picture was taken from the bridge across the South Palouse Creek on Highway 95. Long building at the right is the Chinese Village as of 1977. Picture from Jerry Kimes.

click image for more info

Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho
1935
Looking east at Civilian Conservation Corps 1503 camp in 1935 with Tomers' Butte in the background. Picture by the Idahonian.

click image for more info

Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho
1938-02-07
Looking southeast at the Civilian Conservation Corps 1503 camp at the southeast corner of Highway 95 and South Palouse Road. Top picture [90-0131] 7/2/1938, bottom [90-0132] 4/1939.

click image for more info

Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho
1939-04-01
Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho

click image for more info

First claim in Latah County. Latah County, Idaho
1914
First apple tree was planted on the Almon Asbury Lieuallen homestead of 1871 and was the first claim in Latah County. Later the farm was purchased by Charles J. Munson and named the Cozy Cove Farm. Map from 1914 Latah County Atlas.

click image for more info

Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Latah County, Idaho
1939-01-01
Looking northeast at the Civilian Conservation Corps 1503 camp from the air. Highway 95 foreground, South Palouse [River?] left. Picture after July 2, 1938 [90-0131] and before April 1939 [90-0131] pictures. Note small pond between the two willow trees in foreground.

click image for more info

Rural lines. Moscow, Idaho
1910
Moscow's first phone service was established in 1885 with Colfax, Washington. Western Union came to Moscow also in 1885. [photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
[photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
[photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
[photo of directory page

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
[photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
[photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Telephone directory, Moscow and Rural Telephone Company. Moscow, Idaho
1910
[photo of directory page]

click image for more info

Map of Township 39 N., Range 5 W. and Fract. Township 39 N. Range 6 W. of the Boise Meridian. Moscow, Idaho
1914
From a 1914 Atlas. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Map of Latah County. Latah County, Idahio
1909
Map at left [90-0144] a portion of a Latah County map of 1909. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Illustrations. Latah County Atlas of 1914. Latah County, Idaho
1914
Copied from the Latah County Atlas of 1914. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Illustrations. Latah County Atlas of 1914. Latah County, Idaho
1914
Copied from the Latah County Atlas of 1914. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Illustrations. Latah County Atlas of 1914. Latah County, Idaho
1914
Copied from the Latah County Atlas of 1914. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Illustrations. Latah County Atlas of 1914. Latah County, Idaho
1914
Copied from the Latah County Atlas of 1914. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Advertising Section. Latah County Atlas of 1914. Latah County, Idaho
1914
Copied from the Latah County Atlas of 1914. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Advertising Section. Latah County Atlas of 1914. Latah County, Idaho
1914
Copied from the Latah County Atlas of 1914. [photo of atlas page]

click image for more info

Old Latah County home. Latah County, Idaho.
1955
Old Latah County Home, located about two miles northwest of Moscow, east of the old Highway 95, now a county road. Home was vacated in 1957 and the inmates [moved] to the new Latah County Nursing Home. Caretakers, Mrs. and Mr. Milton Frazee and son Howard extreme right.

click image for more info

New Latah County Nursing Home. Latah County, Idaho
1968
Looking southeast toward Paradise Ridge at the new Latah County Nursing Home occupied in 1957. Picture by Clifford M. Ott, 1968.

click image for more info

Latah County Care Center. Latah County, Idaho.
1982-06-11
Looking southeast toward Paradise Ridge showing the new wing at the Latah Care Center completed early 1982. Formerly named Latah County Nursing home then Latah Convalescent Center. Picture by [Clifford M.] Ott June 11, 1982.

click image for more info

Latah County Care Center. Latah County, Idaho.
1982-06-11
Looking southeast at the Latah Care Center showing the new wing at the left. Top picture [90-0153] taken with a 28 MM lens and bottom with a 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 camera with a wide angle attachment. By [Clifford M.] Ott June 11, 1982.

click image for more info

Latah County Care Center. Latah County, Idaho.
1982-06-11
Looking north at the Latah Care Center from top of hill two miles south using a 1200 MM lens, showing new wing at right. By [Clifford M.] Ott June 11, 1982.

click image for more info

Latah County Care Center. Latah County, Idaho.
1980
Latah Convalescent Center now Latah Care Center before new wing was added 1981-1982. Aerial photo by Ted Cowan.

click image for more info

Moscow, Idaho.
1968
Looking northwest at Moscow from Paradise Ridge in 1968 by Clifford M. Ott.

click image for more info

University of Idaho cadets and volunteers leaving for the Spanish-American War. Moscow.
1898
Picture taken 1898. Looking north from Seventh at Main Street. Feed stable sign points to the Horseman's Headquarters Stables across the alley east of Gritman Hospital.

click image for more info

Barton House. Moscow.
1885
At the northwest corner of Fourth and Main streets. Built by Col. R.H. Barton from lumber by the Barton and Langdon mill, northeast of Moscow. The Barton House burned about 1890.

click image for more info

Looking north at the west side of Main Street from Seventh Street. Moscow.
1898
Looking north at the west side of Main Street from Seventh Street. Moscow.

click image for more info

Hotel Moscow. Moscow.
1920
At the northwest corner of Fourth and Main streets. Built in 1891 by Col R.H. Barton. The Moscow Barber Shop was located at right of hotel entrance.

click image for more info

Moscow Barber Shop. Moscow.
1920
Located in the Hotel Moscow building about 1920. Left to right: 1- Clarence Jain, owner. 2- George Roland. 3- 4- 5- shoe shine ?. Jain sold to Moon.

click image for more info

Moscow Barber Shop. Moscow.
1931
In the early 1930s. Left to right: 1- Theopolis (shoe-shine). 2- Bunny Estes, owner. 3- Gene Elliott. 4- Cecil Hart. Man in Hart's chair believed to be Luke Tyrell.

click image for more info

Blanchard's Cigar Store. Moscow.
1899
Inside. Located at 507 South Main Street late 1890s. Left to right: Charles Blanchard and Joe Blanchard. In pioneer days cigars were made [by the Blanchard's] in the southwest room beyond the stove. Razed June 7, 1947.

click image for more info

Looking north at Main Street from Fourth Street before it was paved in 1912. Moscow.
1912
The Williamson sign shows on the McConnell-Maguire Building as Williamson occupied the building from 1911 through 1918.

click image for more info

Looking north at Main Street from south of Fifth Street in 1901. Moscow.
1901
Number 1- Blanchard's Cigar Store. 2- John Freidman's harness shop. Shields Block is seen at the right in the picture.

click image for more info

Hotel Moscow. Moscow.
1895
Lobby of the Hotel Moscow in 1895. Mr. and Mrs. Sterns at the right in picture. They were the proprietors at this time.

click image for more info

McCartor Block. Moscow.
1894
At the northeast corner of Fourth and Main streets built in 1891. At the time of the picture the Farmers Bank occupied the corner room. President E.C. Hall, E.R. Headley. 1892-1896.

click image for more info

M.J. Shields Block. Moscow.
1889
The hardware block built in 1889, and the implement building at the right built in 1890. Located on the east side of Main between Fourth and Main streets. Looking southeast, 1890s.

click image for more info

Skattaboe Building. Moscow.
1905-06-01
At the southwest corner of Fourth and Main streets. Built in 1892. Picture by Romig about 1905 or 1906.

click image for more info

Looking at the west side of Main Street. Moscow.
1905-06-01
With the Skattaboe Building at left, occupied by George Creighton as Creighton and McClelland. Creighton and Nelson started in 1890 in a small wooden building at 513 South Main and moved to the Skattaboe in 1892, then to larger quarters in 1894 at 211 South Main (Smith-Dolson Building) where Creighton's still operate.

click image for more info

Looking north from fifth Street about the late 1890s. Moscow.
1898
Looking north from fifth Street about the late 1890s. Moscow.

click image for more info

Looking north at Main St. from 5th St. Moscow.
1901
In the early 1900s with a wagon load of sacked grain pulled by four horses. A delivery wagon at the left and a farm wagon at right. Before pavement [laid in] 1912.

click image for more info

Looking north at Main Street from Fifth Street. Moscow.
1905
From Fifth Street showing Blanchard's Cigar Store at left. The Holt building with the awning down with pile of sand in front was built in 1903. Picture taken sometime later.

click image for more info

Blanchard's Cigar Store. Moscow. [Photocopy or photo of description in Otness book A Great Good Country.]
1905
Blanchard's Cigar Store. Moscow. [Photocopy or photo of description in Otness book A Great Good Country.]

click image for more info

Looking north at the east side of Main Street, 1892. Moscow.
1892
From Fifth Street. McConnell-Maguire Building far right.

click image for more info

Looking north at Main Street, 1901. Moscow.
1901
From Fifth Street. McConnell-Maguire sign changed to Motter-Wheeler. 1- Blanchard Cigar Store, 2- J.N. Freidman Harness Shop.