The Birds of North America, from Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the American Ornithologists’ Union, provides detailed scientific information for each of the 716 species of birds nesting in the USA and Canada. Features include:
To access this database from the library's home page, click on "Find
Articles", then "Databases by Title, B" then find the link to Birds of
North America in the list.
- sounds and video to illustrate key behaviors and features of habitat.
- a detailed, up-to-date, color-keyed map indicating the species' breeding and wintering ranges throughout the Americas
- detailed accounts of feeding habits, songs and calls, and other behaviors
- a comprehensive bibliography for each species
- full data on breeding success, life span, mortality and disease, plus demographic and population information