Application and Award Process
Please review the U of I - OAPF Eligibility and Guildines to ensure that your application meets all criteria.
UI authors interested in the U of I - OAPF are strongly encouraged to speak with their library liaison or the U of I - OAPF Fund Manager (Jylisa Doney) to determine whether journals and publishers meet the eligibility criteria.
Application opens July 1, 2018
- Review eligibility and guidelines
- Reach out to a library liaison or the U of I - OAPF Fund Manager (Jylisa Doney) with any questions
- Submit an application
- Upon submission, applicants will receive a confirmation email with a copy of their submission
- U of I OAPF - Fund Manager will use a standard rubric to evaluate application based on eligibility criteria and make funding decision
- U of I OAPF - Fund Manager will email applicants their funding decision and a copy of the rubric
- Funded applicants will forward their invoice for payment by the U of I - OAPF
Invoices and Reimbursement
The U of I - OAPF prefers to pay journals directly, thus minimizing out-of-pocket cost to the authors. Upon funding approval, the funded applicant will forward their invoice directly to the Library’s Administrative Financial Specialist (Jennifer Mylan) and the U of I OAPF - Fund Manager (Jylisa Doney), or direct the journal to do so.
However, in case of publication deadlines, authors may opt to be reimbursed with proper documentation of payment. The U of I - OAPF will review other possible payment options as needed, e.g. paying out of departments with intra-institutional account transfers.