Application and Award Process
Please review the U of I - OAPF Eligibility and Guildines to ensure that your application meets all criteria.
UI authors interested in the U of I - OAPF are strongly encouraged to speak with their library liaison or the U of I - OAPF Fund Manager (Jylisa Doney) to determine whether journals and publishers meet the eligibility criteria.
The OAPF has awarded its entire allocation for this fiscal year and applications are currently closed.
- Review eligibility and guidelines
- Reach out to a library liaison or the U of I - OAPF Fund Manager (Jylisa Doney) with any questions
- Submit an application
- Upon submission, applicants will receive a confirmation email with a copy of their submission
- U of I OAPF - Fund Manager will use a standard rubric to evaluate application based on eligibility criteria and make funding decision
- U of I OAPF - Fund Manager will email applicants their funding decision and a copy of the rubric
- Funded applicants will forward their invoice for payment by the U of I - OAPF
Invoices and Reimbursement
The U of I - OAPF prefers to pay journals directly, thus minimizing out-of-pocket cost to the authors. Upon funding approval, the funded applicant will forward their invoice directly to the Library’s Administrative Financial Specialist (Jennifer Mylan) and the U of I OAPF - Fund Manager (Jylisa Doney), or direct the journal to do so.
However, in case of publication deadlines, authors may opt to be reimbursed with proper documentation of payment. The U of I - OAPF will review other possible payment options as needed, e.g. paying out of departments with intra-institutional account transfers.