Collections A-Z

The University of Idaho Library's


Photograph Collection

Documenting the history of the UI Campus

Golf Course and Clubhouse , 1969-

Architect:Clin, Smull Hamill, Shaw and Assoc. (Boise)

Cost: $32,455

Location: 46.723423, -117.016698 | University golf course
Description: One story, frame construction, plaster walls, asphalt shingles, concrete foundation
Click here for more information
Click here for less information
Additions: Club house wing added in 1948, previously was caretakers cottage
Use History: Originally caretakers cottage and James Memorial Clubhouse 1936-1969. In 1969 rebuilt as ASUI Clubhouse.
Name History: In the fall of 1952 was named for Francis L. James, golf coach and designer of the course who had died the previous spring.
Cost Notes: $2,455; additions $30,000. Original cost was by student activities bond fund
Sources: Cards

Scroll down to browse the entire collection.

Click or hover on an image for additional information.