Leganto is a library plug-in that allows students to access library course reserves directly from your BBLearn course. It is an additional feature of our existing library systems. Leganto is already embedded in your BBLearn course; you just need to activate it.
Follow the steps below to activate Leganto and make your reading lists available from within your BBLearn course, or check our Leganto FAQ for more information.
1. Let the library know your Course ID number
- From within your BBLearn course, scroll to the Course Management->Content Collection dropdown. Your course ID# will be found in this section.
- Copy and paste the Course ID (in the example above, isi_libs415-515-1_4882) and email it to email@example.com.
2. Add the “Library Resource List” link to your BBLearn content
- From within your BBLearn course, add new content by clicking the “+” sign in the upper left corner and then select “Content Area”
- Once you’ve clicked “Content Area”, you will see a pop-up where you can rename your Library Resource List. Be sure to check the box marked “Available to Users” so your students can access the list.
- Next, while working in a Content Area other than Announcements, navigate to the “Tools” dropdown, select “More Tools”, and choose “Library Resource List”.
- Congratulations! You should now see the Library Resource List link.
Once set up, clicking the Library Resource List will allow you and your students to view library course reserves directly from your BBLearn course. Here’s what the display should look like:
Note: When instructors enter BBLearn’s “Student Preview” mode, reading lists will not display correctly. To view your list as a student would see it, please visit the public reserves page on the library’s website.
Please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into issues activating Leganto or have other questions!
Leganto is already embedded in your BBLearn course; you just have to activate it. Follow our guide to activate Leganto and make your reading lists available from within your course.
The most significant benefit is to your students, who can now access library course reserves directly from BBLearn. The library will be expanding instructor permissions over the next year, allowing instructors to have more agency in adding materials to their library course reserves. More training and information coming soon!
Yes! We can work with you to activate Leganto for your course; please email email@example.com and we can help you get started on the process.
No. Library course reserves will continue to be available to your students on our library website, regardless of whether or not you activate Leganto in BBLearn.
We’re happy to help; please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can walk you through the process and answer any questions you might have.